We want you to know what personal information we collect, why we need your personal information, how such information is protected, where we store such information, and how you can access and correct such information.
What Is 'Personal Information'?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual. There are many types of personal information that we may require in order to serve you better, including the following:
- Your identity or contact information such as name, address, phone number, fax number, and e-mail address
- Your mortgage or financial history when purchasing a home from us,
- Other information incidental to purchasing a home from us (including information about professional advisor's), and
- Information gathered in customer service inquiries, surveys, contests, or inquiries into our products and services.
Why Do We Collect, Use, And Disclose Your PersonalInformation?
- Respond to your requests for product or service information.
- Engage in business transactions with you and provide appropriate levels of service following the completion of a transaction.
- Share personal information that we collect with other service providers, such as utilities, warranty providers, insurance companies, banking institutions and credit agencies, as well as trades and contractors, etc. who perform various functions to assist in our delivery of service to you.
- Provide personal information to third parties for legal or regulatory purposes.
- Provide personal information to third parties to perform functions on our behalf, such as marketing, data processing, document management, office services, other technological or administrative services, or customer research (such as to Customer Insight, in order to conduct customer satisfaction surveys).
- Use personal information at an aggregate level to improve the quality and efficiency of our products and services and to enhance our marketing efforts.
- Share your personal information within our enterprise (including our subsidiaries and affiliates) to cross promote products and services which we believe will be of interest to you.
- Distribute newsletters and other informational e-mail communications.
How Do We Gather Your Information?
We do not use techniques to collect personal information about you without your knowledge. Generally we collect personal information from you directly or from our business partners such as realtors, or lending or mortgage officers. This information could be collected in person, over the telephone, through the mail, or by electronic means.
As you browse http://www.daytonahomes.ca/, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, Google Display Network & YP Next Home, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction onhttp://www.daytonahomes.ca/, the techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number.
We only collect, use, or disclose personal information for the purposes we believe you would consider appropriate under the circumstances. Your knowledge and consent are required for the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information unless permitted or required bylaw. Of course, subject to reasonable and lawful limits, you can chose not to provide us with some or all of your personal information. However; this choice may prevent us from providing the product, service or information that you requested. We believe you would also expect us to contact you to advise you of new and existing services and benefits that may be of interest to you, and ask your opinion about our current performance through customer satisfaction surveys. From time to time, we will inform you of such services or contact you for your opinions via direct marketing. Direct marketing material is usually delivered to you by mail, telephone or electronic means. Unless you contact us to inform us otherwise, we will consider that you have consented to our continued use and disclosure of your information for these purposes. You may chose not to receive these offers or surveys and have your name deleted from lists. We separately request your express consent, or rely on implied consent, in the provision of commercial electronic messages (e-mails, texts and instant messages) to you.
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contactyou, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, bycontacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at: Daytona Homes 11504 170Street, Edmonton, AB, T5S 1J7, Canada
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
How Do We Store and Protect Your Personal Information?
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You have the right to access your personal information that is in our custody, subject only to certain legal restrictions. We strive to ensure that all information on-hand is accurate and up-to-date. We therefore urge you to provide us with updates regarding your personal information and to inform us of any errors affecting the personal information we hold. Access or correction requests must be in writing and should provide sufficient detail of the nature and scope of your request.
On-Line Privacy Practices
Online Communications - In order to provide you with a service or information, you may voluntarily submit personal information to us for purposes such as asking a question, obtaining information, reviewing or downloading a publication, subscribing to a newsletter or a mail or e-mail list, participating in an event, and participating in contests and surveys. We may combine and store personal information about your use of our website and the online information you have provided with certain other personal information we may have collected.
E-mail Communications - Occasionally, we may send marketing or promotional e-mail communications to you with information that may be useful, including information about our products and services, and other third parties with whom we have a relationship. In this process, we may collect certain information such as the date/time you first opened our e-mail communications, the number of times you open our e-mail communications, the number of click-throughs per article, total click-through activity on the contents of our e-mail communications and compile generally the related statistics. We may combine and store any such information to manage and improve our e-mail communications to you. We will include instructions on how to unsubscribe and inform us of preferences if you decide you do not want to receive any future marketing or promotional e-mails from us.
Links - Our website may contain links to other websites which are provided as a convenience only. You are advised that other third party websites may have different privacy policies and practices than us, and we have no responsibility for such third-party websites.
For further information about what your rights are under the Personal Information Protectionand Electronic Documents (PIPEDA) Act, please visit the website for the Office of the PrivacyCommissioner of Canada at www.priv.gc.ca.
about how your personal information has been handled, please contact our privacy officer using the contact information below:
You have the following options for reviewing or removing your information from our database to no longer receive communication from us. If you request your account information be deleted from our database, we may maintain information about individual sales transactions for recordkeeping and servicing:
1. You can send email to email@example.com
2. You can send mail to the following postal address:
11504 170 Street
Canada, T5S 1J7